Find a Home in Naperville, IL
Naperville is the fifth largest city in Illinois, located 28 miles West of Chicago with a population of just under 150,000 people. The city is bisected by the DuPage River and lies across both DuPage and Will counties. It has been recognized nationally as one of the safest cities, the wealthiest city in the Midwest, and one of the best places to settle down. There is an abundance of choices for local employment, including many corporations and local businesses, however the city also offers a quick commute via train to Downtown Chicago. The top rated education system includes many colleges, as well as the top rated library system in the country.
Find Your Home: Let Zumbly Pick The Perfect Home!
What Makes It Great
Naperville residents enjoy a park filled city that's considered big enough to have plenty to do, but still small enough to have a strong sense of community. The city features a large selection of museums and parks to satisfy all ages and interests. This includes the Riverwalk, or "Crown Jewel" of Naperville, which features bridges, fountains and outdoor sculptures. Annual events are held year-round at the Riverwalk and in the historical Naperville settlement. There are over 130 parks, as well as cultural heritage sites, with a historical district of over 300 buildings, including the original settlement from 1831. The city's dynamic downtown boasts diverse food, shopping and nightlife options, and hosts culinary and cultural walking tours. Find out more at Visit Naperville
- DuPage Children's Museum - Interactive Children's Museum
- Riverwalk Park - Paved trails and parks along the DuPage River
- Naper Settlement - Outdoor history museum with 30 historical buildings and structures
- Moser Tower and Millennium Carillon - One of the four largest bell towers in the US
- The Morton Arboretum - 1,700 acre outdoor museum and public garden
- Naper Nights - June-August - Outdoor concert series
- Last Fling - September - Family friendly community festival
- Riverwalk Fine Art Fair - September - Top rated visual art fair
- Oktoberfest - October - Annual event featuring German beer, food and live music
- New Years Eve Countdown at the Carillon - December - New Years Eve Celebration
Naperville features the best of all seasons, with warm, wet summers and cold, windy winters. The temperature typically varies between 16 degrees and 84 degrees.