Find a Home in Riverside, CA
Riverside is part of the greater Los Angeles area and is the largest city in the Inland Empire. It is located 55 miles East of Los Angeles and 47 miles from the Pacific Ocean. Riverside was named for it's location along the Santa Ana River and is the birthplace of the citrus industry. The population is just over 300,000 people over 81 square miles. Riverside is surrounded by a combination of small and large mountains and contains a diverse community of 28 distinct neighborhoods, including the historic mission inn district downtown that is built around the largest Mission Revival style building in the US.
Find Your Home: Let Zumbly Pick The Perfect Home!
What Makes It Great
The residents of Riverside love to get outside and enjoy the year round beautiful weather. With 52 city parks across over 2,700 acres, popular golf courses and the beautiful sunsets over the mountains, there's plenty of opportunity to enjoy the natural beauty. Whether taking in the culture of the numerous museums and historical landmarks, checking out the Botanical gardens, or enjoying some delicious food at one of the many restaurants, there are plenty of activities to choose from. Riverside is a family friendly city, with year round children's activities and events, and is located about an hour from skiing at Big Bear Mountain. Find out more at Discover Riverside.
- Mission Inn - Historical Mission style Inn
- Castle Park - Amusement park and family amusement center
- California Citrus State Historical Park - Open-air museum of the citrus industry
- UC Riverside Botanical Gardens - 40 acre botanical gardens with more than 3,500 plant species
- Mount Rubidoux - City park and landmark
- Riverside Dickens Festival - February - Street festival celebrating the life and works of Charles Dickens
- Riverside International Film Festival - April - Film festival with films from around the world
- Rhythm of Riverside - June-July - Park concert series
- 4th of July Spectacular - July - 4th of July aerial fireworks show
- Riverside Festival of Lights - November-December - Holiday festival with over 3 million lights and hundreds of animated characters
The weather in Riverside is typically warm, with very little rain (average rainfall is 11 inches per year). Summers are hot and clear, while winters are cool and partly cloudy.