Find a Home in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Rancho Cucamonga is a city located in San Bernadino county in California. The name "Cucamonga" is derived from a Native American word meaning "sandy place". The city is the 26th most populous city in California with a population of 165,269 and covers an area of 39.9 square miles. Surrounded by the Angeles National Forest and foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains residents enjoy spectacular views of nature .The city is known as "Rancho" for short and has a rich agricultural history that includes wine making. Because of this, the city's seal is a cluster of grapes. Rancho was ranked 42nd on Money magazines "Best Places to Live" list in 2006.
Find Your Home: Let Zumbly Pick The Perfect Home!
What Makes It Great
Rancho Cucamonga has something to offer everyone with its natural setting. Its location creates the perfect balance between city life and the outdoors. Experiencing the hot-summer Mediterranean climate of the city with 287 sunny days per year gives residents and visitors every opportunity to enjoy the outdoor aspects of the area. There are world class beaches, mountain resorts for hiking, skiing and water activities all year long. City lovers will enjoy shopping, dining, and the entertainment activities at Victoria Gardens, the largest lifestyle center in the area. It is a unique outdoor mall with two main streets running from west to east and a town square running north to south. Find out more about Rancho Cucamonga.
- Pacific Electric Inland Empire Trail - 21 mile hiking/biking trail
- John Rains House - Historical home site
- Victoria Gardens - Famous indoor and outdoor mall
- Sapphire Falls - Scenic hiking destination with waterfall
- Central Park - 103 acre park with trails, playground, and recreational areas.
- Cucamonga Classic Car Show - June - Car show of classic vehicles
- Upland Lemon Festival- July - Lemon festival with food and entertainment
- Panana Night Market - May-October - Open air night market and culinary event
- Chinese Lantern Festival - January - Parades, rides, performances celebrating the new year
- Annual Riverside Tamale Festival - April - Food, entertainment, cultural shopping, and family connections
The climate in Rancho Cucamonga is classified as hot-summer Mediterranean and the city experiences about 287 sunny days per year. Summers tend to be hot, arid, and clear while winters are generally long, cool, and partly cloudy.