Find a Home in Palm Desert, CA
Palm Desert is located in Coachella Valley, on the Northwestern part of the Sonoran Desert. It is located approximately 14 miles East of Palm Springs and 122 miles East of Los Angeles. For most of the year the population is over 50,000 people, however in the winter the population increases by about 30,000 people as it's a popular "Snow Bird" location. The city is surrounded by high mountain ranges on three sides, with a South sloping valley floor on the other side. The elevation ranges greatly over the 27 square mile city, from 200 to 1,000 feet above sea level.
Find Your Home: Let Zumbly Pick The Perfect Home!
What Makes It Great
Palm Desert residents enjoy the warm, arid year round weather in this lifestyle oriented city. There are city parks galore, and one for every interest: dog parks, sports fields, skate parks, picnic areas, as well as trails to take in the breathtaking views of deep valleys and soaring mountains. Enjoy some al fresco dining at one of the many upscale restaurants, play a round of golf at one of the award winning golf courses, relax and unwind at a spa, lounge by the pool, or check out the boutiques on El Paseo. Find out more at Discover Palm Desert.
- The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens - Desert botanical garden and zoo
- Palm Springs Art Museum in Palm Desert - Modern art museum and sculpture garden
- El Paseo - Houte couture fashion and shopping, often compared to Rodeo Drive
- Santa Rosa and San Jacinto Mountains National Monument Visitor Center - National monument with exhibits on desert wildlife and cultural history
- Desert Adventures Red Jeep Tours - Jeep, hiking, and sightseeing tours
- Palm Desert Food and Wine Festival - March - Cuisine and Wine festival
- Fashion Week El Paseo - March - West Coast's largest consumer fashion show
- Fall Concerts in the Park - October - Free outdoor concerts in the park
- First Weekend - November-May - Events, festivals, and live entertainment over the first weekend of every month
- The Street Fair at College of the Desert - Weekends, Year-round - Street Fair with almost 300 vendors
Palm Desert has some of the warmest winters in the United States, with hot, long summers and short warmer winters. Average temperatures range between 44-107 degrees.