Find a Home in Long Beach, CA
Long Beach is a waterfront city and part of the Gateway cities region. It is in close proximity to other southern California cities and is 20 miles south of Los Angeles. Over 450,000 people live in the city, which is spread over about 51 square miles. Long Beach is made up of many diverse neighborhoods with a rich culture and is the second busiest port city in the United States. The city is home to one of the Largest universities in California. Residents here enjoy living the beach life in an urban setting and swear that living at the beach is the only way to live!
Find Your Home: Let Zumbly Pick The Perfect Home!
What Makes It Great
Long beach is the picture of beach living, with great year round weather, beautiful beaches, and tons of waterside events and attractions. Whether biking along the many waterfront bike paths, enjoying the local coffee culture with a cup of coffee outside at one of the many cafes, whale watching, kayaking through the canals and waterways of Naples Island, or taking in some music from the diverse underground music scene, there is plenty to do for everyone. Grab a bite to eat in the Pine Avenue neighborhood, also know as "Restaurant Row", and sample some of the diverse cuisine that is offered. Find out more at Visit Long Beach
- Aquarium of the Pacific - Aquarium featuring over 11,000 animals
- RMS Queen Mary - Retired famous ocean liner with restaurants, a museum and a hotel
- Museum of Latin American Art - The only museum in the US dedicated to modern and contemporary Latin American and Latino Art
- Harbor Breeze Cruise - Whale and Dolphin watching tour
- Waterfront Shoreline Village - Waterfront shopping, dining, and antique carousel overlooking Rainbow Harbor
- Grand Prix of Long Beach - April - Indy Car Race
- Pow! Wow! Long Beach - Summer - International Urban Mural Festival
- Long Beach Dragon Boat Festival - July - One of the largest dragon boat competitions in California
- Long Beach Jazz Festival - August - Outdoor waterfront Jazz Festival
- Long Beach Marathon - October - 5k Marathon and 20 mile bike tour
Mediterranean climate with hot summers and mild winters. Most days are sunny, with some rain in the winter. The temperature usually ranges between 48 degrees and 82 degrees.