Find a Home in Hemet, CA
The city of Hemet is located in the San Jacinto Valley in California. It spans about 28 miles, covering half the valley. The valley falls within the Santa Rosa Hills and San Jacinto Mountains. While the majority of the land is dry, Diamond Valley Lake, a man-made off-stream reservoir, is located in the south of Hemet. The city was incorporated in 1910 and currently has a population around 80,000. The housing market began to climb early in the 21st century due to Hemet's affordability as well as its close location to Corona, Riverside, and San Bernadino. The rural atmosphere created in Hemet makes it a desirable location for working-class families.
Find Your Home: Let Zumbly Pick The Perfect Home!
What Makes It Great
Hemet is known for being home to one of the longest running plays in the US: The Ramona Pageant. The first performance was in 1923 and it is performed to this day in the Ramona Bowl Amphitheater. In addition to the outdoor amphitheater, Hemet is home to two museums, the Hemet Museum, and the Western Science Center. Known for its beautiful parks and devotion to the local forest, Hemet has been named a Tree City USA for 20 years by the Arbor Day Foundation. There are five beautiful parks in the city, Weston Park, Simpson Park, Mary Henley Park, Gibbel Park, Valley Wide Community Sports Park. Visitors and residents also enjoy Diamond Valley Lake, one of the largest and newest reservoirs in southern California. Find out more about Hemet.
- Western Science Center - Science exhibits
- Ramona Bowl Amphitheater - Natural amphitheater located in the foothills
- Hemet Museum - Informative museum
- Diamond Valley Lake Aquatic Center - Water amusement park
- Simpson Park - 483 acre wilderness park
- Ramona Performance - April/May - Play performed in the Ramona Bowl Amphitheater
- Same But Different Music Festival - September - Music festival on the beach
- Riverside Lunar Festival - January - New Years festival with live performances
- Summergrass - August - Bluegrass music and festival
- Hometown Christmas - December - Tree lighting and holiday parade
Residents consider the weather to be pleasant in Hemet, with hot, arid, clear summers and winters that are cold and partly cloudy. Through the year the average temperature ranges from 41 degrees Fahrenheit and 95 degrees.